Porsche is one of the most popular car companies in the world. Porsche cars are known for their sleek, sophisticated design and unmatched performance. Porsche has been around for more than a century, and they continue to enjoy massive success today.
Porsche never stops innovating, and this book reflects their findings for the first 20 years of Porsche automobiles. With this guide to your favorite automobile brand, you’ll learn fun facts about what makes these cars stand out from every other company in the automotive industry.
Porsche models span from sports cars like the 911 Carrera S Cabriolet with a rear engine to all-wheel drive sedans equipped with cutting-edge technology like the Panamera 4S Sport Turismo hybrid. No matter what your tastes or preferences may be, Porsche has designed something for you!
The Porsche is a car that people either love or hate. If you’re one of the many who enjoy driving this sleek, powerful sports car then use these 20 things to learn more about it! Some of the information may surprise even long-time owners, like did you know there are over 100 different types of Porsches? They come in all shapes and sizes but they have one thing in common, power! You’ll find out how much horsepower can be found under their hoods as well as what makes them so distinctive from other cars on the market.
Porsche is a world-famous car manufacturer with an illustrious history. Porsche’s current lineup includes over 30 models, and that number will keep climbing as their engineers work feverishly to create the next most technologically advanced vehicle on Earth.
When did you buy your first Porsche? Have you ever driven one before? When did the Porsche 911 come out, and when was it developed? Who is the founder of Porsche, where do they manufacture their cars now, and why are they named Porsche? What’s an overview of all of the models they offer for a total stranger who has never heard of them before (or an old car-mad friend)?
Check out these 20 facts about this iconic company in order to get acquainted!
20 Facts About Porsche That’ll Make Your Hair Stand on End
- The Porsche was originally built in 1931
- The Porsche is the oldest and most prestigious car company in Germany
- The first model of the Porsche was designed by Ferdinand Porsche and his son, Ferry
- It was founded by Ferdinand Porsche, an engineer who also invented the Volkswagen Beetle
- The first model to be released was called the 356 because it had a body made from steel and aluminum that weighed only 356 kilograms
- In 2010, they celebrated their 70th anniversary with a special edition 911 Carrera S Cabriolet
- Their newest model is called the Panamera Turbo S E-Hybrid Sport Turismo which can go up to 31 miles on electric power alone
- They have been involved in motorsports since 1973 when they won Le Mans for the first time ever with a 917 long tail prototype race car
- The Porsche was originally called the “Type 32“
- It was nicknamed after its designer, Ferdinand Porsche
- In 1972, the company released a new model – the 911
- The first Porsche ever sold in America cost $6,800
- The original name of the car is “Einzylinder-Turbo” which means ‘single-cylinder turbo’ in German
- There are more than 10 different types of Porsches that have been made since 1948
- The Porsche was originally designed as a “people’s car”
- There are three versions of the Porsche – the 911, 912, and 914-6
- It is one of only three companies that have survived at least two world wars
- The company’s founder died in 1951 because he got into his own car when it had been rigged with explosives by two men who wanted to kill him because they believed he was a spy working for American intelligence agencies
- In 1963, there was an explosion at a factory that made parts for Porsches that killed 20 people and injured another 230 people
- The cars have been made to accommodate drivers who are shorter or taller than average height by adjusting seat positions and steering wheel placement
Porsches are sleek, iconic, and expensive. They look good on a race track or in your driveway but what’s it like to drive one?
The Porsche is without question the most famous car company of all time with over 20 million cars sold since their first-ever vehicle was built back in 1948. Here we have collected some interesting facts about these beautiful vehicles that will make you want to go out and buy one!